This is my first time doing Project Life. So far, I am liking this project. This week's Project Life covers the week of December 31 to January 6.
I used leftover from a old Christmas collection (BG Jovial). Some Elle's Studio die cuts. Some Avery Tags, letter stickers from Webster's pages. I used Becky Higgins divided protectors.
This is the left side which included a family photo celebrating the arrival of the new year at home.
This is the right side which includes grabbing some grass for receiving The Three Kings. My kids loved the Razor scooters they received at Epiphany.
What I have learned so far:
- Project Life is easier than I thought when the focus is in keeping the memories.
- Project Life is a great way to use your stash. Now I am trimming paper scraps at 4" X 6" and/or 3" X 4" rectangles for inserting in the divided page protectors.
- For the photos I used in this spread I printed 4"X6" photos. Need to streamline my photo developing process to have smaller photos. I have several tutorials to follow for my next printing.
- Journal more.
- Take the habit to keep memorabilia. We saw Les Miserables movies and I do not kept the ticket.
- Project Life can be used as a tool to follow and keep track of your yearly goals.
For 2013, I am listing some weekly goals inspired in Crystal's blog: Money Saving Mom. I am listing and tracking my goals in an Excel spreadsheet. This goals' tracking method is working for me so far, much better than writing on a note pad or printable. This is the update on my goals for week 1. I am writing here to keep everything from week 1 together.
Week 1 Goals (Update):
1. Go to church.
- Done, we went on Sunday to church.
2. Run 3 times/ week.
- Done. I jog three times during the week for a total of 8.8 miles.
3. Do Jillian Michaels video (2 times minimum).
- I did one session (Level 1) and one session (Level 2) from 30 Days Shred.
4. Get Luis to Swim Team.
- I talked with his coach and he transfer my kid to the swim team. Yey!!!
5. Start writing Home Improvement Plan.
- Done. We are planning to paint the house this year. Now, to choose materials and looking for estimates.
- Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian (Chapters 1 to 8)
- Achieve Anything in Just One Year (Days 1 to 6);
- Designed for Devotion (Days 1 to 6);
7. Blog at least once a week.
- Done. I wrote more than three posts this week.
8. Do Project Life: Week 1.
- Done. This post. To be honest, my aim was to publish this post last Tuesday, but I found it so difficult with the kids at home. I am not back to my normal routine yet, however I am very happy with my results so far.
I am very excited for this year. So, here we go!
Thanks for stopping by.