My kids are in their aunt's backyard refreshing from the heat, while having water's fun. They enjoyed a lovely afternoon, in this big backyard with Diana and family. Photo was taken on March 31, 2010. We were concern about the heat in the coming months. I am grateful to the huge amount of rain that has fallen at Puerto Rico at June and July. The warm weather had not been so suffocating, this summer at least in Puerto Rico, as it was in spring! Currently, the weather is acting weird! LOL! Looking forward to some scrapbook collection with summer showers's theme!!!
- Sketch: 7.15 Sketchy Thursday: Love this sketch with space to use three photos, definitely this sketch, is one I will use more often.
- Color: Color Combos Galore #151: The colors in this palette inspired me to use WRMK 72 & Sunny line. I had this photos, waiting to be scrapped. This color challenge represented the perfect opportunity to scrap them. The inspiration challenge was to use a transparency. I used a Hambly Transparency as a background over the WRMK orange's patterned paper. Note: If you go here, and do a gallery search (keyword): colorcombosgalore, you will see a lot of beautiful work.
- Recipe: Simply Scrapping Crafts: Creative Corner Week 2 July 14th Challenge: We had to create a card, or layout based on the following recipe: V = Vellum, A = Aqua (the color), C = Chipboard (the star inside the sun is made of chipboard), A = Acrylic stamp ( the sentiment refreshing belongs to CTMH stamp set D1138 Paradise), T = Tape ( I put an old tape from Heidi Swapp, do you remember them?, I still love them), I = Ink: (Some of the embellishments were inked with ColorBox Fluid Chalk Inkpad: Tangerine), O = Orange (the color), N = Numbers (the title).
- Recipe: The Scrap-Room Blog: Week #29 Weekly Challenge: Create a layout with a masculine feel. My boys are the only ones in this layout, in addition, this layout does not have any flowers or ribbon!!!
- Patterned paper: We R Memory Keepers 72 & Sunny
- Chipboard: Star
- Stamp: CTMH Paradise: D1138
- Ink: ColorBox Fluid Chalk Inkpad: Tangerine
- Tape: Heidi Swapp
- Transparency: Hambly Studios